Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between analog and digital representations.
- Name the advantages, disadvantages, and major differences among analog, digital, and hybrid systems.
- Understand the need for analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs).
- Converts between decimal and binary numbers.
- Identify typical digital signals.
- Cite several integrated-circuit fabrication technologies.
- Identify a timing diagram.
- State the differences between parallel and serial transmission.
- Describe the property of memory.
- Describe the major parts of a digital computer and understand their functions.